General Public & Travel Rapid Testing
Screening is available to anyone who meets the asymptomatic criteria. In order to be screened in the pharmacy you must:
- Be asymptomatic (you have no symptoms of COVID-19)
- Have not been in contact with someone known to have COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- Have not been advised to quarantine in the last 14 days per the federal quarantine requirements
- Have not been advised to get tested for COVID-19 through an exposure notification through the COVID-19 app
- Have not previously tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 90 days
A rapid COVID-19 antigen screen is NOT used to diagnose COVID-19, so it’s different from a COVID-19 test. Here are a few key differences:
- Screening can identify antigens: A rapid COVID-19 antigen screen may identify the presence of antigens in your body. Antigens are specific proteins on a virus’s surface. This may indicate that you have an active COVID-19 infection. A follow-up COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test may be needed to confirm a COVID-19 diagnosis.
- Screening is faster: Results from antigen screens are ready in 15-20 minutes, and don’t need to be sent to a lab. Screening can be done in pharmacies. This is much faster than a COVID-19 test, but it may be less sensitive.
- Depending on eligibility a follow up PCR test may be needed to confirm a diagnosis of COVID-19. A Polymerase Chain Reaction (or PCR) test is sent to a lab, and results are available within a few days.
Your Rapid Antigen Test results will be available from Healing Source Pharmacy typically within one hour.
For certain destinations, a Rapid Antigen Screening Test is accepted to provide as your negative viral test for travel purposes. Requirements for travel are changing frequently and each destination is different. It is the responsibility of the passenger to check the entry requirements of their destination.